(DISCLAIMER: The English version is a translation of the original in Japanese for information purposes only. In case of a discrepancy, the Japanese original will prevail.)
Protection of Personal Information
In addition to complying with the laws and other rules relating to protecting Personal Information, the Group provides rules regarding the handling of Personal Information based on the Policy, and ensures that its officers, employees (including full-time, part-time and temporary staff) and other related parties have a thorough understanding of such rules. The Group shall continue to improve and maintain the system for protecting Personal Information.
Acquiring Personal Information
- The Group acquires Personal Information by lawful and fair means.
- The Group shall disclose the purpose of use of Personal Information in this Policy, or notify the principal and use it within the scope of the purpose of use.
- The Group may have sensitive information (such as political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, racial or ethnic origins, place of residence, health-related data, sexual orientation and criminal information). Such information shall not be acquired, used or disclosed to a third party unless otherwise specified by the laws, regulations or guidelines relating to the protection of Personal Information established by public institutions.
Management of Personal Information
The Group shall take appropriate security measures such as protection against unauthorized access and computer viruses to prevent loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of Personal Information.
Use of Personal Information
- The Group uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Business communication
- Enforcing rights and fulfilling obligations based on contracts (related to provision of information and services, etc.) and the laws
- Information and services, etc. handled by the Company and its Group companies (excluding the Company described in [Shared Use] (2); hereinafter referred to as the “Group Company”)
- Information on seminars and lectures held by the Company and its Group companies
- Sending greeting cards and other notices
- Conducting operations and internal controls such as overall compliance and risk management of the Group
- Personal Information shall only be used by the person who is authorized to use such information according to their designated task, within the scope of the purpose of gathering such information.
- Personal Information shall not be used other than for its purpose, nor be transferred from its normal place of use, nor be distributed externally.
- Employees of the Group must not disclose to any third party the contents of any Personal Information that they obtained during the course of business, or use them for any unfair purpose. The same shall apply after leaving the Group and failure to comply may result in legal action.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Group prohibits the disclosure of Personal Information to any third party without the prior consent of the client, or based on laws and regulations, except in the case of the following.
- Personal Information may be shared with a verified third party after entering into a lawful agreement with such party and other legally necessary measures are taken in cases where Personal Information is jointly used with a third party, or the Personal Information is entrusted to a third party for the purpose of completing a task.
The Group will use Personal Information jointly with its Group companies listed in 2. below, as described in 1., 3., and 4.
- Items of Personal Information to be shared
Name, gender, email address, date of birth, address, phone number
- Group companies
GCA Corporation/GCA Advisors Corporation
GCA FAS Co., Ltd.
Mezzanine Co., Ltd., MCo Co., Ltd.
GCA Succession Co., Ltd. (English not available)*
GCA China Co., Ltd.*
GCA India Investment Advisers Private Limited*
GCA Singapore Private Limited*
- Purpose of use
Same as 1. of Use of Personal Information above
- Person responsible for managing Personal Information related to shared use
Disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. of Personal Information
The Group to respond sincerely and promptly to any request by the owner of the Personal Information to disclose, correct, suspend use, remove, etc. of their Personal Information.